Applications are open for the DESY Summer Student Program in Germany with internships in 2022.
It’s one of the top German summer student programs open to international students that includes internship opportunities all geared towards equipping participants with the right tools and skillsets they need to succeed during their time at university or college.
The program is fully-funded, ensuring students are provided with support for traveling, accommodation, and daily expenses as well as funding to cover school fees.
DESY Summer Student Program in Germany
Make use of this opportunity! Apply to the DESY summer student program while the application is still open.
Covid has changed the structure of the program to fit more students into its resources and capacity.
The lecture section and training part is now smaller parts of what used to be a bigger whole.
If you want to specialize in research in the field of physics, natural science, or computer science then this program can help you on that path.
Visit Here: List of Scholarships in New Zealand 2022
The summer program in Germany will take place from June 19th until September 8th, 2022 (or until September 22nd) at one of the following locations: Hamburg and Zeuthen, which are both located near Berlin.
All students have to work on one single online project together with the rest of the class.
We’ve found that this is a very effective way for assembling teams as it gives them all a chance to get to know each other, interact and share skills before actually having to live and work with each other after graduation.
One special area of interest highlighted in the above report is that students will benefit from the increase in international student participation in research.
These opportunities will include various types of experiments and projects that offer physics students quality hands-on experience both at school and on field trips located at various scientific research facilities – which just happen to be locations also visited by many university researchers.
It is an excellent opportunity for international undergraduate students to take part in scientific exchanges at various universities and laboratories across Germany.
The international research projects program will also help increase the knowledge of students.
There will be a series of lectures related to scientific disciplines and projects that the students can learn from.
Details about the DESY Summer Student Program
Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Deadline: March 8, 2022
19 June 2022 till 8 September 2022
Eligibility Criteria for the DESY Summer Student Program in Germany
- Their degree should be completed by summer 2023.
- Applicants who have completed their bachelor’s degree and are currently enrolled in master’s program can apply.
- Students who have completed their master’s degree or will be completed by summer 2022 are ineligible.
- Previous summer students of DESY are ineligible for this program.
- Applicants who are enrolled in the university for the whole summer will be considered.
- Applicants must possess basic computer skills and English communication skills.
- They are expected to be a part of the program till the end.
- Both male and female applicants are eligible.
- Students who are vaccinated on the standards of the European Union are eligible.
- Applicants must provide their vaccination certificates.
- Applicants must be capable of working on-site for 39 hours per week.
- They must have 3 years of full-time work experience.
- Students should be studying physics, natural science discipline or computer science at the university level.
Benefits of the DESY Summer Student Program in Germany
- Students will receive 1200 euros per month as an allowance.
- Partial travel cost will be covered.
- Accommodations will be given at low rates.
- Preference will be given to studying pursuing physics.
Application Process for the DESY Summer Student Program in Germany
- The application process is online.
- Applications for the DESY summer student program will open on February 8, 2022.
- Make sure to read the conditions carefully before starting the application/
- Check the activities and select the preferred area; students can choose 3 areas in the application form.
- Upload all the documents required.
- Applicants from non-EU/EEA countries should also submit a copy of a valid passport in the English language; all documents (PDF format) are to be uploaded on the second page of the application.
- An incomplete application will not be considered.
- Application submission deadline is 8 March 2022 (check the official website for updates).