The International President’s Scholarship is an award granted by the Bauhaus University Weimar to outstanding students of the Faculty of Design, Visual Communication, and Media.
The scholarship constitutes a financial contribution towards living expenses during the study period (the academic year International President’s Scholarship onwards) at Bauhaus University Weimar.
The scholarship is designed to motivate international students with excellent academic achievements to apply to one of these faculties:
The purpose in establishing the exchange program between Danka Industries, Inc. and Bauhaus University Weimar is to facilitate cooperation with higher education institutions that can provide innovative methods for interdisciplinary design research.
Bauhaus University Weimar is one of the oldest universities in Germany and has an overall student satisfaction score of 4.1 stars.
It offers a scholarship program to international students which is called the International President’s Scholarship program and provide financial aid based on the applicant’s country, academic merit, and performance at university entrance exams.
The Bauhaus-Universität Weimar is a university based in Weimar, Germany. It was founded in 1860 and offers students the opportunity to select from around forty-degree programs.
While studying at this university, students will get graduate and postgraduate education opportunities. They also can learn about the function, significance, and planning of special buildings and facilities like hospitals.
Brief Description of International President’s Scholarship
- University or Organization: Bauhaus University Weimar
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Any degree
- Awards:450 Euros per month for 12 months
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: One
- Nationality: International students
Application Deadline: The applications for this grant will be accepted only through January 31, 2022.
Eligibility Criteria International President’s Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must be
- Be an international student
- Special aptitude and motivation for studying at the Bauhaus-Universita?t Weimar (for example, interdisciplinarity in studies and interests)
- Extracurricular engagement during studies at the Bauhaus-Universita?t Weimar, for example, in intercultural exchange, initiatives and projects, as a tutor, etc.
- At least good academic performance already achieved at the Bauhaus-Universita?t Weimar
- Social aspects
Benefits of International President’s Scholarship
The scholarship winner will receive 450 Euros per month for 12 months at Bauhaus University Weimar.
How to Apply for International President’s Scholarship
- Proof of your achievement in your course of study at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar:
- Overview of grades incl. grade point average (e.g. BISON print out or in the form of a performance report by your faculty’s examination office)
- If applicable: copies of diplomas/bachelor’s degree of previously earned degrees
- Proof of extracurricular commitment (e.g. certificates, confirmation of participation)
- If available:Proof of German language proficiency corresponding to the requirements of your degree programme (An exception is made if the candidate provides a copy of a previous degree awarded by a German-language university.)
- If applicable: explanation of special personal backgrounds and biographical hurdles such as caring for children, caring for relatives, disability or chronic illness, (educational) background of parents, migration background, the experience of discrimination, etc.
- Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements to be able to study there.
- To be considered for this award, applicants need to take admission at the university. After taking admission, you can apply through the online application form for this funding opportunity.
- Supporting Documents: You must upload the following supporting documents.