Mauritius Africa Scholarships for South African Students, 2022
Mauritius and South Africa have negotiated the Mauritius-Africa Scholarship Scheme 2022 for South African students. It will be awarded in Mauritius from September 2022 onwards.
Applicants must achieve a good academic record throughout high school. They must also try their best to get involved in extra-curricular activities, including sports, arts, and leadership roles or publications in school newspapers.
The scholarship applies to both freshmen and transfer students. For more information you can access the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) website:
This scholarship is available for students from South Africa who want to study in Mauritius and is sponsored by the Government of South Africa.
Any level of higher education is eligible under this scholarship scheme. Students applying can receive tuition fees and other financial support that will help them throughout their studies in Mauritius.
The Department of Higher Education and Training is the government department responsible for collaborating with other departments, schools or universities in order to provide South Africans with the necessary skills needed to become competitive in the job market.
One of their main initiatives is recruiting students for scholarships across Africa (Mauritia).
The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) is a component department of the South African government in charge of establishing and administering policies related to the integration of post-school education and training.
It aims to provide integrated post-school education and training so citizens can effectively improve the quality of their lives by acquiring skills that are transferable in the workforce!
The mission of the organization is to develop capable, well-educated, and skilled citizens who are able to compete in a sustainable, diversified and knowledge-intensive international economy that meets the development goals of our country.
Brief Description of Mauritius Africa Scholarships
- University or Organization: The Department of Higher Education and Training
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Diploma, Bachelor, Master, or PhD
- Award: Tuition fee and living allowances
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: South Africa
- The award can be taken in Mauritius.
Eligibility of Mauritius Africa Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: South African national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Diploma, Bachelor, Master, or PhD degree programmes in a higher education institute in Mauritius.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have an interest in studying in Mauritius and demonstrate a commitment to the development of South Africa.
- The applicants must have already applied for full-time on-campus studies at any public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius for the academic year starting in 2022.
How to Apply for Mauritius Africa Scholarships
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Certified copy of the birth certificate.
- Certified copy of biodata page of the passport.
- Certified copies of all post-school qualification certificate
- Certified copies of all post-school academic transcripts.
- Copy of letter of conditional offer by a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must either have successfully completed National Senior Certificate with a Bachelor’s pass and a minimum of 60% average mark achieved, excluding Life Orientation subject, Master’s a master’s degree.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements of the applied universities.