UNHCR International Internship Programme offers the opportunity to develop professionally, personally and gain experience working with colleagues from all over the world.
This coveted program is open to applicants from around the globe who wish to further develop their skills internationally and may be valuable in starting a rewarding career at UNHCR.
The UNHCR, or the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, is dedicated to protecting refugees and providing them with assistance in order for them to return to their homes.
If you’re interested in becoming a part of the UNHCR’s efforts with applications from talented, motivated and passionate individuals from around the world who will add knowledge, innovative thinking, and different ideas to the organization’s capacity to serve the people of concern by applying their skills in refugee protection, health, education and other sectors – they are currently looking to hire!
In this opportunity, you will learn from a panel of international business experts, who will provide advice and mentorship for your future career. You do not need to be fluent in English and there is no registration fee or other requirement to apply for this initiative.
The internships offered by Smiley Tees can be taken up at any time of the year as per each applicant’s convenience. Most interns complete their internship within two to six months of joining.
UNHCR’s Internship Program offers eligible students and recent graduates the opportunity to gain experience in the humanitarian sector in an international environment, in line with their academic program or future work in a field related to UNHCR’s mission.
Visit Here: BI Presidential Scholarship 2022 In Norway
The United Nations International Internship is a wonderful opportunity for interns to join the best of this world’s mentors in a diverse range of fields. Herein, they will develop their education and have opportunities to better their chances on having a job in any of the UN organizations.
UNHCR International Internship Program 2022 Benefits:
- Interns who do not receive financial support from an outside source will receive an allowance to cover local transportation and food.
- During the internship program, interns will be exposed to the real-world challenges of working in a world-class organization.
- This UN internship would be a beautiful addition to the intern’s CV and would be beneficial for their professional development.
- The student can build contacts with influential professionals in the internship program and get a head start on future opportunities.
Eligibility criteria of UNHCR International Internship Program 2022
To be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Recent graduate* or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school program from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant to, or of interest to, the work of the organization.
- *Recent graduates are to be considered those persons who completed their studies within one year of applying for an internship with UNHCR.
- Have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant
- All Nationality holders are eligible.
- Family members or Relatives of the UNHCR Organization are not eligible.
- No Registration Fee.
- No Work Experience is required.
- English of Applicants must be Fluent in both Written and Spoken.
- Try to write your own Personal Statement because it is the basic element in the selection.
UNHCR International Internship Program 2022 Details:
- Host Organization: The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Geneva and Regional and Country offices
- Duration: Two to Six Months
- Deadline: 21 Dec, 2021 & 4 Jan, 2022
The recruitment process for UNHCR International Internship Program 2022:
Applicants will undergo a screening process to determine whether they are suitable for the post they applied for.
Candidates who pass the basic eligibility screening will be requested to complete various assessments (language and functional assessments, as appropriate) and finally, candidates are sent for grading.
Apart from ensuring previous education and work experiences have been verified, we also make sure the person we hire is a team player and can fit into the organization’s culture, able to thrive and work in a multi-cultural organization with a passion to serve people of concern.
How to Apply for the UNHCR Internship Program 2022?
- The candidates have to apply online by getting themselves registered first.
- The applicants have to complete their profiles online.
- The mode of the language of the application must be English.
- Once the candidates are successfully registered, they have to select the specific open position.
- The candidates must be proficient in the English language. The knowledge of the second language of UNHCR is not mandatory but a plus point. (Arabic/Chinese/French/Russian/Spanish).
- Make sure to write your motivational letter/personal statement carefully as it will show your previous history and your eligibility for the post.
The application process is online. Make sure to submit all documents in Online Portal. Due to the Large Application Pool, UNHCR will only notify the Successful Applicants. To apply please visit the Official Link to UNHCR Internship Program 2022.