Woods Hole Internship in the United States
Applications are invited for Woods Hole Internship in the United States. All international students are eligible to apply for the Woods Hole Summer 2022 Internship Program. Undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. candidates can apply for internships in the United States of America (USA).
Preference is given to students studying in any field of science or engineering, including biology, chemistry, engineering, geology, geophysics, mathematics, meteorology, physics and oceanography.
Students are selected to work with Shell on the basis of their scientific achievements, interests, and commitments. Internship dates must fall between May and June. There are typically 25-30 students a year and each student is assigned 1-4 counterparties to whom they will report directly.
To allow students to demonstrate the necessary skills and knowledge that would be required in order for them to function optimally on projects, the organization will review all applicants before selecting a shortlist of just five successful candidates. An application deadline for submission will be set in late May.
Students should plan to submit their applications between spring and early summer so that as soon as the individuals have been selected they can apply for their student internship visas which are valid specifically from middle June through until early August.
The exact length of time allocated towards working with your organization may vary per year. But this time period is generally around two months in total.
The Woods Hole Summer Scholarship Program, WHOI, is a program that allows gifted university students to experience meaningful hands-on research in marine science, engineering or policy over the summer.
Woods Hole Internship in the United States 2022 Details:
- Duration: 10-12 Weeks
- Internship coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible nationality: International
- Award country: United States
- Last Date: 5 February 2022.
The Woods Hole 2022 Internship is a completely free internship program for international students in the United States that covers all costs. The details are as follows:
- Stipend: A Weekly Stipend for the summer is $650 Per Week.
- Travel: Round-Trip travel allowance is $700.
- Housing: Shared-Room in a shared-unit,
- Visa Assistance: Assist fellowships in obtaining the necessary J-1 Visa paperwork.
Woods Hole Internship Fields:
Preference is given to students studying in any field of science or engineering, including but not limited to biology, chemistry, engineering, geology, geophysics, mathematics, meteorology, physics, ocean and marine politics.
- This program is open to all international students of any nationality.
- This program is open to undergraduate third year students.
- Students who graduated before the commencement of the scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- This scholarship will start in May 2022.
- Students must be in their second year in a three-year undergraduate program such as the UK.
- Students in the combined five-year undergraduate/graduate program must be in the third year of the program.
- Updated CV or resume
- A current unofficial transcript, a PDF document.
- At least three letters of recommendation from professors. (Recommendation forms are available through the link on the References page.)
- A completed Course Record listing undergraduate coursework by subject category, a primary textbook used for each course, and the grade received for completing the course.
- Personal Statement
5th February 2022. is the last date to apply for Internships.
How to Apply for Woods Hole Internship?
There is an online application system for the Woods Hole 2022 Internship in the United States. Below is the link to the application form and link to the official website: